Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A First: Meatloaf!

In all the years that Chris and I have been married, I have never fixed meatloaf for any meal that we have eaten at home. In fact, I can't say it is all because Chris hates it....I really didn't care for it either. But, in my quest of trying a new recipe each week - I did the unthinkable today...I made MEATLOAF!! Applesauce Meatloaf to be exact. And...it actually tasted very good! Chris even said it could be made again. So, here is the recipe...I dare you to try it. If we can like it, I bet you will too!



Applesauce Meatloaf


1 lb ground beef
1/2 c bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
3/4 c applesauce
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c chopped onion
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c ketchup
1/8 c mustard


Mix ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, seasoned salt, salt, eggs, and applesauce together. Spoon into an ungreased 9x5 loaf pan; set aside. Combine ketchup, mustard & brown sugar and spread over meatloaf. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. So do you use regular or cinnamon applesauce? And do you taste the applesauce flavor?

    Alicia Coffey

    ReplyDelete