Monday, September 21, 2009

Menu: Sept 21-27

Well, it's time for another menu this week. I'm kinda putting together another easy one since we will be gone again this weekend. But, I am hoping to try something new too! I hope you enjoy my menu ideas... my goal is to provide a variety of meals for my family and add new favorites to the choices in the process. I like making new things; however, I do have some stipulations...

1. the recipe MUST not contain any ingredients I have NEVER heard of or have NO IDEA what they are. I hate buying something that I know I may never use again!
2. it kinda needs to be a "normal" type meal. I don't really fix "fancy"! I HAVE THREE KIDS AND A HUSBAND WHO IS PICKY!!!
3. I watch reviews and pictures...if other's aren't giving it a thumbs up and if it doesn't look appetizing...what's the point!
4. I also try and watch prep and cook times. I don't have a ton of time prepping a meal and waiting on it to cook...I HAVE THREE KIDS!!!

I guess that is mainly it. I get most of my "new" recipes from the church or previous work cookbooks, from friends and relatives AND from one of my favorite websites... www.allrecipes.com. I love it AND you can request a daily recipe emailed to you. Then I can keep it or delete it. EASY! You should try it out.

Anyways... back to the menu for this week...

Monday ~ Taco Soup - great for a rainy day like today!!!

Tuesday ~ Mushroom Steak & Potatoes (didn't get that made last week)

Wednesday – BBQ Meatballs (this is one of Chris' utmost favorites! I'll share the recipe later this week.)

Thursday – Headed to Chicago!!! YEAH!!

Friday – Chicago

Saturday – Chicago

Sunday – Chicago

Well...now to make my grocery list...one of the many TO DO items on today's agenda. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment